Take a look at this list compiling!
611 BANKER RESIGNATIONS“Some big names on Wall Street are eager to step out of the spotlight after enduring years of financial-crisis turbulence and negative attention from politicians and protesters, said Peter Ressler, the chief executive of RMG Search.”
611 RESIGNATIONS FROM WORLD BANKS, INVESTMENT HOUSES, MONEY FUNDS
I don’t mind if you re-blog this listing. Save yourself the wear and tear on your karma and do me the favor of including http://americankabuki.blogspot.com in your reposting. Thanks to all who have caught minor errors.
CEO = Chief Executive Officer
CFO = Chief Financial Officer
CIO = Chief Investment Officer also can be Chief Information Officer (head of IT)
COO = Chief Operating Officer
EVP = Executive Vice President
CRO = Chief Risk Officer
INC = Incorporated (can be private held or publically traded shares)
PLC = Public Limited Company (publicly traded shares can be listed or unlisted on stock market)
LTD = Limited Company (privately held)
LLC = American version of LTD, but can have a shareholder/member that is an INC, often hybrids of both
AG = German version of PLC
AB = Swedish version of PLC
SA = Society Anonymous in various latin languages – same as PLC
NV = Dutch version of PLC
BV = Dutch version of LTD
LP = Limited Partners (partnership with limited liability)
REIT = Real Estate Investment Trust
Click here to scroll to latest additions to list, then scroll up.
- 9/01/11 (USA NY) Bank of New York Mellon Chief Robert P. Kelly Resigns in a Shake-UP
- 9/06/11 (BELGIUM) Dexia confirmed that its CEO Stefaan Decraene had left the company. Its exposures to sovereign debt in the PIIGS nations are larger than its core Tier 1 capital.
- 9/08/11 (US OR)PremierWest chairman John Anhorn retires
- 9/09/11 (GERMANY) European Central Bank (ECB) governing board member Jürgen Stark, who has resigned
- 9/09/11 (US OR) Chief investment officer for the Oregon State Treasury Ron Schmitz resigns.
- 9/12/11 (HONG KONG) HSBC Group Hang Seng Bank Non-Executive Director Mark McCombe resigns
- 9/12/11 (US PA) First Commonwealth Financial Corp, EVP strategic resources Thaddeus J. Clements resigns
- 9/13/11 (US MA) Eastern Bank wealth management head Carol McMullen resigned
- 9/14/11 (USA NJ) Columbia Bank CEO Raymond G. Hallock Announces Retirement
- 9/14/11 (NEW ZELAND) AMP NZ Office Limited (ANZO), Mark Verbiest has resigned as a director. His resignation arises due to his desire to devote the necessary time and energy to his prospective new role as Chairman of Telecom, assuming the Telecom demerger is sanctioned by Telecom shareholders.
- 9/15/11 (USA NY) Morgan Stanley, Chairman John Mack resigns
- 9/16/11 (US FL) Atlantic Coast Bank President and Chief Operating Officer Robert Larison retires
- 9/18/11 (JORDAN) Central Bank governor Faris Sharaf resigns over policy
- 9/19/11 (US MS) COO of Parkway Properties (REIT) William Flatt Resigns
- 9/20/11 (SCOTLAND) SCOTTISH WIDOWS (RETIREMENT INVESTMENT SAVINGS FUND) There could be no Scottish representative on the board of Lloyds Banking Group, owner of Bank of Scotland, in future after it announced the departure of Lord Sandy Leitch, the chairman of Scottish Widows and group deputy chairman.
- 9/20/11 (JAPAN) BLife Investment Corporation (Diawa House Asset Management) Director Masaomi Yamadaira resigns
- 9/20/11 (US HI) First Hawaiian Bank’s CEO Don Horner retires
- 9/21/11 (AUSTRALIA & NZ) JP Morgan Australia and New Zealand Worldwide Securities Services CEO Jane Perry resigned
- 9/23/11 (Singapore) Executive board director Rohit Bhagat has tendered his resignation to the board of BlackRock (Singapore) Limited and BlackRock Asset Management North Asia Limited.
- 9/23/11 (UK) UniCredit FX Global Head Nick Crawford Resigns
- 9/25/11 (SWITZERLAND) UBS CEO Oswald Gruebel quits over £1.5bn rogue trader crisis
- 9/25/11 (USA CA) American River Bankshares Douglas E. Tow, Executive Vice President and Chief Credit Officer, will retire from the Company http://goo.gl/24aAU
- 9/28/11 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Bank Council: Fritz Studer resigns as per end-April 2012
- 9/29/11 (UK) Barclays, Head of UK & European Retail Banking Deanna Oppenheimerresigned.
- 9/29/11 (USA NM) New Mexico Pension Fund Director Terry Slattery Resigns
- 9/30/11 (SINGAPORE) AIMS AMP CAP INDUSTRIAL REIT, Ms Tang Buck Kiauresigned.
- 9/30/11 (ICELAND) Alternate board member of Iceland State Financial Investments Thórdís Bjarnadóttir resigns
- 10/01/11 (Iceland)Chairman of Glitnir Bank’s Resolution CommitteeÁrni Tómassonresigns
- 10/01/11 (USA MO) Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City President Thomas M. Hoenigretired on Oct. 1, 2011
- 10/03/11 (INDIA) The of Euram Bank Asia, president Arun Panchariya, has resigned after being implicated in a stock trading scandal in India.
- 10/03/11 (GHANA) Intercontinental Bank Ghana Limited, Managing Director and CEOAlbert Mmegwa resigned.
- 10/03/11 (USA FL) Quantek Opportunity Fund, portfolio manager Javier Guerra. Arbitration awarded $1 million damages to Aris Multi-Strategy Fund. Quantek Asset Management made false statements to Aris.
- 10/05/11 (UK) UBS co-chief François Gouws of global equities had resigned after last month’s revelation of a $2.3 billion loss from unauthorized trading.
- 10/05/11 (UK) UBS co-chief Yassine Bouhara of global equities had resigned after last month’s revelation of a $2.3 billion loss from unauthorized trading.
- 10/06/11 (US OR) CEO of CASCADE BANCORP Patricia Moss retires
- 10/10/11 (BELGIUM) Dexia (Franco-Belgian bank) its chairman Jean-Luc Dehaenewill give up his role on the board of Dexia’s Belgian division, which is being sold to the Belgian state as part of a rescue deal, the group said on Monday.
- 10/11/11 (UK) BlackRock, head of sterling portfolios and manager of the Corporate Bond fund, Paul Shuttleworth, has resigned after 11 years at the firm.
- 10/11/11 (UK) Dynamic Funds, portfolio manager David Taylor has resigned.
- 10/11/11 (CHINA) China Construction Bank Non-Executive Direct Sue Yang resigns for personal reasons.
- 10/13/11 (UK) Cogent Partners co-head research department Katita Palamar resigned.
- 10/13/11 (UK) Cogent Partners co-head research department Bill Farrell resigned.
- 10/13/11 (US OR) MBank CEO Rex Brittle resigns
- 10/14/11 (USA TX) Deutsche Bank Investment Advisor Griffin Perry resigns, SEC regulations prevented him from campaigning for his father Rick Perry’s Presidential campaign.
- 10/23/11 (USA) Fairholme Capital Management LLC, Director Charles Fernandezstepped down for personal reasons. Fairholme Fund has lost 26 percent of its net asset value due to bets that have backfired on AIG Inc, Bank of America Corp and Florida-based landowner and developer St Joe Co.
- 10/24/11 (ICELAND) Icelandic State Financial Investments board members of Icelandic State Financial Investments have resigned following “outside interference” with their Sept. 30 decision to hire Pall Magnusson, the former political adviser to the island’s industry minister, as chief executive officer. [names and positions have been requested from the reporter on 3/9/12]
- 10/24/11 (SINGAPORE) Keppel Corporation Limited, Teo Soon Hoe will resign from his role as group finance director Jan 1.
- 10/26/11 (INDIA) Beed District Bank (Coop Bank) CEO B S Deshmukh arrested for embezzling Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd payment deposits.
- 10/26/11 (INDIA) Beed District Bank (Coop Bank) former CEO A N Kulkarni arrested for embezzling Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd payment deposits.
- 10/26/11 (US VA) The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, CEO Charles E. Haldeman will retire in 2012
- 10/27/11 (USA NY) Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Inc (KBW) CEO John Duffy stepped aside. Duffy has prostate cancer.
- 10/27/11(US WA) Pacific International Bank CEO Woosung “Edward” Park abruptly resigns
- 10/29/11 (CHINA) China Construction Bank Corp Chairman Guo Shuqing resigns
- 10/29/11 (CHINA) Agricultural Bank of China Ltd Chairman Xiang Junbo resigns
- 10/31/11 (EUROPEAN COMMUNITY) European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet, resigns.
- 11/01/11 (INDIA) Beed District Bank (Coop Bank More directors resign [research still being conducted on the names]
- 11/02/11 (UK) Lloyds Banking Group chief executive, António Horta-Osório, is to take leave of absence on health grounds for six to eight weeks, the BBC has reported. (STILL OUT AS OF 2/24/12 – DEFACTO RESIGNATION)
- 11/03/11 (POLAND) Nordea Bank Poland, Wlodzimierz Kicinski resigned from as President of the Management Board of Nordea Bank Poland as of the 10th of November.
- 11/04/11 (USA NY) MF Global, Jon Corzine, stepped down as chairman and CEO, hired criminal attorney to represent him.
- 11/04/11 (SWITZERLAND) Hyposwiss Private Bank Ltd., Director Hans Bodmerresigns from the Board
- 11/05/11 (IRELAND)Bank of Ireland announces board shake-up. Director of the BoardDenis Donovan resigns
- 11/05/11 (IRELAND)Bank of Ireland Des Crowley resigns
- 11/05/11 (IRELAND)Bank of Ireland non-executive director Paul Haran resigns
- 11/05/11 (IRELAND)Bank of Ireland non-executive director Heather Ann McSharryresigns
- 11/05/11 (IRELAND)Bank of Ireland non-executive director Dennis Holt resigns
- 11/06/11 (GREECE) Marfin Investment Group. Greek Banking Tycoon Andreas Vgenopoulos surprise resignation from his own firm.
- 11/07/11 (SINGAPORE) Singapore Mercantile Exchange (SMX), CEO Framroze Pochara quits.
- 11/07/11 (US MO) President Maurrice Sandfort retires from Bank of Missouri
- 11/07/11 (US MN) Bremer Bank President/CEO Gary Bigler retires
- 11/08/11 (SINGAPORE) The Singapore Fund, Inc, Austin C. Dowling has resigned as Director of the Fund
- 11/09/11 (USA NY) HSBC Israeli desk, managing director Issac Doueck resigned.
- 11/09/11 (ISRAEL) HSBC Israeli desk, senior representative Simon Hakim resigned.
- 11/09/11 (SWITZERLAND) HSBC Israeli desk, head of Israel Dan Sagi resigned.
- 11/09/11 (USA NY) HSBC Israeli desk, ????? resigned.
- 11/09/11 (USA NY) HSBC Israeli desk, ????? resigned.
- 11/10/11 (EUROPEAN COMMUNITY) European Central Bank Lorenzo Bini Smaghiresigned from the European Central Bank’s Executive Board.
- 11/11/11 (HONG KONG) Goldman Sachs’ Asia Pacific co-head Yusuf Alireza is retiring from the investment bank after 19 years
- 11/10/11 (INDIA) UBS The head of India operations at UBS AG , Manisha Girotra, has resigned
- 11/15/11 (USA NY) Icahn Enterprises LP, senior managing director of health-care investing, Alex Denner, has resigned.
- 11/15/11 (US NJ) GAIN Capital CFO Henry Lyons resigns
- 11/16/11 (EUROPEAN COMMUNITY) International Monetary Fund Europe, director Antonio Borges resigns for personal reasons.
- 11/17/11 (NETHERLANDS) Syntrus Achmea (pensions manager), CIO Marjolein Sol is resigning.
- 11/17/11 (INDIA) Nomura India’s investment banking head Nipun Goel resigns
- 11/17/11 (INDIA) Nomura India’s Capital market division head Indraneil Borkakoty resigns
- 11/17/11 (INDIA) Nomura India’s executive director Shubham Majumder resigns
- 11/18/11 (US WA) President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Seattle Steven R. Horton retires
- 11/18/11 (US MD) Legendary mutual fund manager Bill Miller CIO of Legg Mason Capital Management and portfolio manager of LM Value Trust resigns
- 11/18/11 (ICELAND) Horn Invest hf., Director of the Board of Guðrún Ragnarsdóttirresigned
- 11/18/11 (ICELAND) CEO of Landsbankinn Steinthór Pálsson resigned from the Board of Horn Invest hf.
- 11/18/11 (SCOTLAND) Scottish Widows Investment Partnership Limited (SWIP) Private Equity Fund, wish to announce the resignation of John Brett from the Board of Directors of the Company, for business reasons.
- 11/19/11 (HK)CEO of Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong)Peter Wongsteps down
- 11/21/11 (JAPAN) UBS’s Japan Investment Banking Chairman Matsui to Resign
- 11/22/11(US TX) SWS Group Executive Vice President Paul D. Vinton retires
- 11/23/11 (GERMANY) CEO of Clearstream Banking AG, Frankfurt Andreas Wolf resigns and leaves the boards of Clearstream International S.A., Luxembourg and Deutsche Börse Group
- 11/23/12 (USA SC & NC) Bank of the Carolinas, CFO Eric Rhodes resigns for personal reasons. Bank of the Carolinas was delisted from the NASDAQ on 3/9/12
- 11/24/12 (IRELAND) AXA Rosenberg Management Ireland Limited, director Simon Vanstone resigns.
- 11/28/11 (LATVIA) Latvia’s chief banking regulator, Irena Krumane, said she resigned today, a week after the state took over Latvijas Krajbanka AS (LKB1R), the Baltic News Service reported. The bank regulator suspended operations at Krajbanka, a subsidiary of Lithuania’s Bankas Snoras AB, on Nov. 21 and said around 100 million lati ($191.8 million) was missing. The Lithuanian government seized Snoras on Nov. 16 saying assets reported on the lender’s balance sheet were missing.
- 11/29/11 (USA) R. David Land Submits Resignation from the Boards of Directors of Peoples Bancorp. and Seneca National Bank
- 11/29/11 (NORWAY) Carnegie ASA’s co-head of investment banking in Norway, Cato Holmsen, has resigned
- 11/29/11 (FRANCE) AXA Real Estate Investment Managers, Global head of business development, strategy and research for Kiran Patel, has handed in his resignation. Patel was with the firm for 11 years.
- 11/29/11 (US MI)Chairman of Fentura’s State BankForrest Shooksteps down
- 11/30/11 (LITHUANIA) Lithuania Central Bank, Governor Vitas Vasiliauskas firedKazimieras Ramonas, head of the banking supervision department, after seizing Bankas Snoras AB, the country’s third-biggest deposit bank.
- 11/31/11 (AUSTRALIA) Commonwealth Bank CEO Sir Ralph Norris Australia’s highest-paid banker, quits
- 12/01/11 (SRI LANKA) Sri Lanka’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) headIndrani Sugathadasa resigned.
- 12/02/11 (PAKISTAN) NIB Bank, Singapore forced resignation of CEO Khawaja Iqbal Hassan, for mismanagement
- 12/03/11 (USA SC) South Carolina’s $25 billion pension fund chief investor Robert Borden resigned. Borden’s resignation comes as the SC Retirement System faces a $13 billion deficit, prompting state lawmakers to call for a massive overhaul of the system.
- 12/05/11 (BERMUDA) HSBC Bermuda Ltd, chairman of the board and director John Campbell resigns
- 12/05/11 (BERMUDA) HSBC Bermuda Ltd, CEO Philip Butterfield retires
- 12/06/11 (US NV ) Western Liberty Bancorp CFO George Rosenbaum has resigned.
- 12/06/11 (US FL) SunTrust Banks Inc.’s Central Florida chairman Ray Sandhagen retires
- 12/07/12 (ITALY) CFO of Greater Rome Bank and CEO of Greater Rome Bancshares E. Grey Winstead III resigns
- 12/08/11 (USA) Fidelity Global Special Situations Fund, manager Jorma Korhonenresigned.
- 12/08/11 (INDIA) Nomura’s co-head of equity-linked solutions Neeraj Hora, resigns
- 12/09/11 (FRANCE) Kléline, Executive board director Abdallah Hitti resigned. Kléline is an electronic banking arm of the Group BNP PARIBAS .
- 12/12/11 (PAPUA NEW GUINEA) Bank South Pacific (BSP) chairman Kostas Constantinou resigned as a director of the Board of Bank of South Pacific Limited and its subsidiaries.
- 12/12/11 (PHILIPPINES) Former Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) presidentRey David has resigned as board director of the Ongpin-led Philippine Bank of Communications (PBCom).
- 12/12/11 (US IN)One of Indiana’s best-known bankers, Alvin “Kit” Stolen, is stepping down as president of Salin Bank.
- 12/13/11 (US TX)Bank of America director D. Paul Jonesretires
- 12/14/11 (MAURITIUS) African Alliance Africa Pioneer Fund I (the “Fund”), Portfolio Manager Paul David Austin Clark resigned
- 12/14/11 (USA NY) Goldman Sachs global head Milton R. Berlinski retiring at the end of the year
- 12/14/11 (IRELAND) AfricanAlliance I’s portfolio manager Paul David Austin Clark resigns
- 12/15/11 (UK) Coutts [private bank] Senior private banker James Fleming resigns
- 12/16/11 (US WI)President of Westbury BankJim Podewilsresigns
- 12/19/11 (CANADA) Holloway Lodging Real Estate Investment Trust (a REIT) CEOGlenn Squires has resigned
- 12/19/11 (JAPAN) Citibank Japan CEO, Darren Buckley, resigns after Citibank was punished by regulators for the third time in seven years.
- 12/19/11 (DENMARK) Danske Bank Peter Straarup, who will retire February 15
- 12/19/11 (DENMARK) Danske Bank Eivind Kolding has resigned as Chairman of the Board of Directors and from the three board committees on which he served, He continues as member of Danske Bank’s Board of Directors until he assumes the position of Chairman of the Executive Board on 15 February 2012. On the same day, at the latest, Eivind Kolding will resign from the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group.
- 12/20/11 (UK) Prudential (UK) Chairman Harvey McGrath has informed the Board of his intention to retire from the Board in 2012 once a successor has been found.
- 12/20/11 (USA MA) Century Bancorp, Inc., Director Roger S. Berkowitz resigned.
- 12/21/11 (USA MN) Voyager Bank, fired CEO trade accusations, New details have emerged in Voyager Bank’s firing of its CEO in a court filing that accuses him of defrauding the bank of $15 million. The former CEO, Timothy Owens, has sued the bank for wrongful termination and accused the bank of defaming him.
- 12/22/11 (Sweden) Nordea Bank’s Björn Savén retires from the Board of Directors
- 12/22/11 (Sweden)Nordea Bank’s Director of the BoardBjörn Savénretire of his own accord
- 12/23/11 (USA VA) Virginia National Bank (VNB) Chairman Mark Giles quits
- 12/23/11 (USA VA) Virginia National Bank (VNB) Board Member Claire Gargalli quits
- 12/23/11 (USA VA) Virginia National Bank (VNB) Board Member Leslie Disharoon quits
- 12/23/11 (USA VA) Virginia National Bank (VNB) Board Member Neal Kassell quits
- 12/23/11 (USA) Third Avenue Value Fund, co-manager Marty Whitman is leaving.
- 12/23/11 (US NV) Chief financial officer of Western Liberty Bancorp George Rosenbaum resigns
- 12/25/11 (Russia)Allianz’s Russian Fund-Management Unit CEOOleg MazurovResigned
- 12/28/11 (US IN) STAR Financial Bank’s Osborne “Oz” Morgan retires as Anderson resional president
- 12/28/11 (US MD) Chairman of First Mariner Bank Ed Hale retires
- 12/30/11 (Australia)Credit Suisse’s Head of Australian EquitiesJonathan GurnseyRetires
- 12/30/11 (SRI LANKA) Sri Lanka Commercial Bank’s director of the Board Mahendra Amarasuriya resigns
- 12/31/11 (US TX) Texas Capital Bank Houston Region chairman Jonathan Clarkson resigns
- 12/31/11 (PUERTO RICO) Popular, Inc. (Banco Popular) Michael Masin retires from the Board of Directors
- 12/31/11 (US CA) Wells Fargo Senior EVP Mark Oman retires
- 12/31/11 (US TX)Executive vice president of SWS Group Paul D. Vinton retires
- 12/31/11 (US OH) SVP of CSB Bancorp, Inc. and President and Chief Executive Officer of The Commercial and Savings Bank of Millersburg, Ohio Rick L. Ginther resigns
- 1/01/12 (US FL) OptimumBank Larry Willis left the board shortly after he was re-elected at the company shareholder meeting.
- 1/01/12 (SINGAPORE) Keppel’s group finance director Teo Soon Hoe resigns
- 1/01/12 (NIGERIA) United Bank for Africa Plc Victor Osadolor resigns
- 1/01/12 (ISRAEL) Israel’s Bank Leumi CEO Galia Maor steps down after 16 years
- 1/03/12 (GREECE) Marfin Popular Bank Public Co Ltd, Mr Eleftherios Hiliadakis has resigned from the Board of Directors.
- 1/03/12 (USA VA) Suffolk Bancorp president and CEO J. Gordon Huszagh steps down
- 1/03/12 (USA WI) Michael Falbo, president and CEO of Southport Bank, has resigned just six months after accepting the position.
- 1/03/12 (UK) Arbuthnot Banking Group: Neil Kirton resigned from the Board
- 1/03/12 (UK) Arbuthnot Banking Group: Atholl Turrell left the Board.
- 1/05/12 (UK) Saunderson House [Private Bank] CEO Nick Fletcher steps down
- 1/05/12 (USA NY) Blackstone/GSO Senior Floating Rate Term Fund and Blackstone/GSO Long-Short Credit Income Fund announced that John R. O’Neill has resigned.
- 1/06/12 (US) CEO of Security Federal Tim Simmons retires
- 1/06/12 (JAMAICA) Founding partner Mark Golding resigns from Proven Investments Ltd.
- 1/06/12 (JAMAICA) Chairman of Proven Wealth and Proven Investment’s management committee Peter Bunting resigns http://goo.gl/uOeY3
- 1/07/12 (UK) Arab Banking Corporation Intl. Bank (ABCIB) Manama, Bahrain: ABCIBannounced retirement of
CEO Nofal Barbar from its London office.
- 1/09/12 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Chairman Philipp Hildebrand resigns
- 1/09/12 (USA WASHINGTON DC) Whitehouse former banker and Chief of StaffWilliam M. Daley resigned
- 1/09/12 (USA NY) Morgan Stanley Chief Legal Officer Frank Barron retires.
- 1/09/12 (SWITZERLAND) Temenos Group AG, provider of core banking software announced the resignation of Mark Austen as a member of the Board of Directors.
- 1/10/12 (LIECHTENSTIEN) LLB CEO and chairman Josef Fehr resigned .
- 1/10/12 (US DC) Fannie Mae (The Federal National Mortgage Association) Chief Executive Michael J. Williams resigns
- 1/10/12 (USA IN) Security Bank of Springfield, president and CEO Steve Cour has announced plans to retire at the end of June.
- 1/09/12 (UK) Northern Rock finance director Ann Godbehere quits a year after the bank is nationalisedis standing down to pursue other interests, it was announced yesterday.
- 1/11/12 (KAZAKHSTAN) BTA Bank, CEO Marat Zairov resigns for health reasons.
- 1/11/12 (SWITZERLAND) La Banque Privée Edmond de Rothschild, CEO Claude Messulam resigns, replaced by Christophe de Backer, Claude Messulam to become a director of the bank holding company.
- 1/11/12 (UK)Most senior foreign exec at Japan’s Nomura Tarun Jotwaniquits
- 1/12/12 (USA) Goldman Sachs, Co-Head Securities Trading Edward K. Eisler retires
- 1/12/12 (USA) Goldman Sachs, Co-Head Securities Trading David B. Heller retires
- 1/13/12 (IRELAND) National Asset Management Agency, head of lending Graham Emmett is resigning
- 1/13/12 (USA DC) World Bank, Vice President for Africa, Oby Ezekwesili will retire from her position at the World Bank in May.
- 1/13/12 (ITALY) Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, CEO Antonio Vigniat one of Italy’s biggest and oldest banking groups ousted in top management overhaul
- 1/13/12 (Italy) Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, president Giuseppe Mussariat asked to leave
- 1/16/12 (UAE – DUBAI) Ajman Bank CEO Mubashar Khokhar resigns
- 1/17/12 (CANADA) Cumberland Private Wealth Management CIO John Wilson quit to join another money manager.
- 1/17/12 (HONG KONG) Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (OCBC Bank) CEODavid Conner retires.
- 1/17/12 (UK) Morgan Stanley Intl, chairman Walid Chammah is retiring. An inside source speculated that it could mean that the company had suffered exposure to European sovereign debt woes under Chammah’s purview.
- 1/17/12 (KUWAIT) Commercial Bank of Kuwait S.A.K. Board Member Ali Yousef Al Awwadhy resigned.
- 1/17/12 (KUWAIT) Commercial Bank of Kuwait S.A.K. Board Member Miss Anoud Fadhel Al Hathran resigned.
- 1/17/12 (KUWAIT) Commercial Bank of Kuwait S.A.K. Board Member Mr. Tarek Farid Al Othman resigned.
- 1/17/12 (KUWAIT) Commercial Bank of Kuwait S.A.K. Board Member Mr. Salem Ali Hassan Al Ali resigned.
- 1/17/12 (KUWAIT) Commercial Bank of Kuwait S.A.K. Board Member Mr. Majed Ali Oweid Awadh resigned.
- 1/17/12 (KUWAIT) Commercial Bank of Kuwait S.A.K. Board Member Mr. Badr Suliman Al Ahmed resigned.
- 1/18/12 (USA) Goldman Sachs co-heads of Goldman’s securities business David Hellerresigns.
- 1/18/12 (USA) Goldman Sachs co-heads of Goldman’s securities business Edward Eislerresigns.
- 1/18/12 (USA) Goldman Sachs co-head of its investment management division Ed Forstresigns.
- 1/18/12 (US NJ) Lakeland Bancorp and Lakeland Bank, Director of the Board Paul G. Viall, Jr. retires.
- 1/18/12 (SINGAPORE) Standard Chartered Bank’s global head of fixed income, Remy Klammersto resign
- 1/19/12 (UK) Santander, senior director Americas division Francisco Luzón is retiring with a pension pot of about €56m, a package whose generous size is expected to reignite controversy over bankers’ remuneration.
- 1/19/12 (EGYPT) Beltone Financial Holding (BTFH) Alaa’ Sabaa resigned from board of directors.
- 1/19/12 (EGYPT) Beltone Financial Holding (BTFH) Wael EL Mahgary resigned from board of directors.
- 1/19/12 (US OH) President and CEO of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati David Hehman retires
- 1/20/12 (JAPAN) Normura’s head of wholesale banking Jasjit Bhattai quits
- 1/20/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) First National Bank’s sharia banking division is in a state of flux after it was hit by a corporate governance scandal in which its chief executive, Ebi Patel, was put on “special leave” for almost a month while an internal probe was conducted. Patel has been reinstated, but is facing disciplinary action. Islamic finance forbids the payment and receipt of interest (riba), and investment in some industries. Sharia law states that interest-bearing transactions result in economic ills such as unemployment and high inflation. Trading in derivatives and speculative investment are also forbidden. Sharia law requires all transactions to be backed by tangible assets.
- 1/20/12 (USA) TIAA-CREF executive vice president and president of Asset Management,Scott C. Evans resigned
- 1/20/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) South African deputy economic development ministerEnoch Godongwana quit his post this week in the face of growing outrage in government circles about his involvement in a company that allegedly defrauded clothing factory workers of R100-million of their pension fund money.
- 1/20/12 (US GA) Chairman of the Board Morris Downing retires from Colony Bankcorp, Inc.
- 1/21/12 (UK) Butterfield Private Bank head Danny Dixon Steps Down
- 1/21/12 (SINGAPORE) ANZ Asia’s private banking head Nina Aguas resigns as managing director of Asia-Pacific private banking.
- 1/21/12 (USA CA) Nara Bancorp (Now called BBCN) President and CEO Min Kim Resigns
- 1/21/12 (US TX) City of Weslaco finance director Bret Mann; resigns
- 1/22/12 (KENYA) National Bank of Kenya’s (NBK) managing director, Mr Reuben Marambii, will resign before year end.
- 1/23/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) The South Africa Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (SAVCA) CEO JP Fourie resigned
- 1/23/12 (US OH) Ohio Legacy Corp. director of the Board Michael S. Steiner resigns
- 1/23/12 (US OH) Ohio Legacy Corp. director of the Board Heather Davis resigns
- 1/24/12 (IRELAND) Deutsche International Corporate Services Limited fund, Paul Shevlin resigned as a director
- 1/24/12 (US KS) Capitol Federal Financial, Inc., Director of the Board B. B. Andersen retires
- 1/24/12 (AUstralia) National Australia Bank currency strategist John Kyriakopoulos Resigns
- 1/24/12 (SWITZERLAND) Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Dr. Michel Kazatchkine, a French clinical immunologist and head of the $22.6 billion fund has abruptly resigned, since revelations about corruption and misspending severely rattled some of its biggest donors. The resignation came on the eve of the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, which played a role in its creation a decade ago. A dinner for the public-private fund is planned Thursday with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and major backers Bill Gates and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The shakeup resulted from an internal review to address problems highlighted in Associated Press stories last year about the loss of tens of millions of dollars in grant money because of mismanagement and alleged fraud. Its biggest private donor is the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which has pledged $1.15 billion and provided it with $650 million so far.
- 1/25/12 (Papua New Guinea) Bank South Pacific (BSP) chairman Kostas Constantinou resigned as a director of the Board of Bank of South Pacific Limited and its subsidiaries.
- 1/25/12 (UK) SOFIA PROPERTY FUND LIMITED, Gerry Williams has resigned as a Director, following his resignation from Ardel Holdings Limited (“Ardel”) where he was CEO. Ardel is the holding company of Ardel Fund Services Limited which provides administration services in Guernsey to the Company.
- 1/25/12 (Kazakhstan) Independent Director of Kazakhstan’s BTA Bank Konstantin Korishchenko resigns
- 1/25/12 (USA NY) Fortress Private Equity, CEO Daniel Madrid (aka Daniel Mudd)has resigned. Madrid was forced to leave in order to deal with SEC allegations. Prior to joining Fortress, Madrid served as Fannie Mae CEO and was forced to resign. SEC sued Madrid and former Freddie Mac CEO Richard West Long (aka Richard Syron) for hiding hundreds of billions of dollars in subprime loans. Madrid denied the SEC allegations saying the US govt. and investors were informed of Fannie Mae’s loan data.
http://goo.gl/u9IdB and http://goo.gl/v94ik and http://goo.gl/tXQwP
- 1/26/12 (US NJ)PHH Corp.’s director of the Board James Brinkley retires
- 1/27/12 (SINGAPORE) AIMS AMP CAP INDUSTRIAL REIT, Mr Graham Sugdenresigned.
- 1/27/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA Group COO Alfie Naidoo would be leaving to pursue personal interests
- 1/27/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA Group chief marketing and communication officerHappy Ntshingila, will be taking up an “exciting position” outside banking
- 1/27/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA Group CEO Daphne Motsepe retires at the end of April after a 10-year career at the bank.
- 1/28/12 (US PA)S&T Bank’sBob Routresigns as Chief Financial Officer
- 1/29/12 (PORTUGAL) Banco Santander Totta SA executive chairman Nuno Manuel da Silva Amado has resigned
- 1/29/12 (NEW ZEALAND) New Zealand Reserve Bank Gov Alan Bollard to Step Down
- 1/29/12 (UAE) NBD, Emirates ‘s investment banking division CEO Suresh Kumar is leaving the bank
- 1/30/12 (UK) British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVCA) COOAndrew Graham steps down
- 1/30/12 (Malaysia) Dr Choong Tuck Yew has retired as director and chairman of OSK Investment Bank Bhd
- 1/31/12 (SCOTLAND) Royal Bank of Scotland former CEO Fred Goodwin Stripped of Knighthood
- 1/31/12 (Italy) Director and member of the Remuneration Committee Carlo Pesenti resigns from Unicredit
- 1/31/12 (IRELAND) The Director of Corporate Enforcement Paul Appleby has announced his retirement at the end of next month. Mr. Appleby has held the position for the past 10 years since the office was first established in 2001. He has led the ODCE investigation into Anglo Irish Bank which is almost complete.
The Director of Corporate Enforcement “pulls a stroke”. The Head of the Garda Investigation team looking into ‘events’ in Irish banking quits and accepts a job with a bank.
- 2/01/12 (US CT) President and CEO of the First National Bank of Suffield George W. Hermann resigns
- 2/01/12 (SYRIA) Arab Bank Syria Board member Basma Talal Zein resigns.
- 2/01/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA [Barclay’s Bank] deputy CEO Louis von Zeuner resigns
- 2/01/12 (UK) Lloyds Bankging Group head of wholesale Truett Tate quits
- 2/01/12 (UK) Llyods Banking Group Tim Tookey leaving end of February
- 2/01/12 (Japan)Credit Suisse’s Paul Kuosteps Down as Japan CEO http://goo.gl/1F2Xm
- 2/02/12 (VENEZUELA) Banking Crisis Arne Chacon arrested for Banking Corruption
- 2/02/12 (USA) American Perspective Bank, President and CEO Thomas J. Beeneresigned.
- 2/02/12 (USA) NIR Group hedge funds, Corey Ribotsky was forced out of NIR by Pricewaterhouse-Coopers, the court-appointed liquidator, following allegations of fraud by the Securities and Exchange Commission. In September, the SEC sued Ribotsky and NIR for taking more than $1 million of investors’ money to buy cars and watches.
- 2/02/12 (IRELAND) AXA Rosenberg Management Ireland Limited, director Nathalie Savey resigned.
- 2/02/12 (Canada) VP of account management and sales in State Street’s securities finance team in Canada Warren Maynard resigns
- 2/03/12 (UK) VinaCapital Vietnam Opportunity Fund Ltd, Non-Executive DirectorHorst Geicke has resigned.
- 2/03/12 (UK) UBS London trader, Kweku M. Adoboli, was arrested and charged with fraud and false accounting, forcing UBS to announce a $2.3 billion trading loss.
- 2/05/12 (USA – NY) Morgan’s investment banking chairman Joseph Perella quit
- 2/05/12 (USA – NY) Morgan Stanley investment banking Tarek Abdel-Meguid quit
- 2/06/12 (INDIA) Dhanlaxmi Bank CEO Amitabh Chaturvedi quits:
- 2/06/12 (USA NY) TD Ameritrade, head of retail distribution John Bunch resigns. Bunch is leaving to take the top job at a small investment advisory firmin Kansas City.
- 2/06/12 (CANADA) Director of Sprott Inc. Mark McCain resigns
- 2/07/12 (USA) Bank Of America’s Mortgage Business Chief Barbara Desoer Retires
- 2/07/12 (INDIA) Kotak Mahindra Bank Falguni Nayar quits
- 2/07/12 (IRAN) Iran denies central bank resignation rumor (don’t believe until its denied?)
- 2/07/12 (UK) Agneash Soft Commodities PLC, an investment company in mineral, announced resignation of its Chief Investment Officer Tom Winnifrith .
- 2/07/12 (US NY) BlackRock, General counsel Robert P. Connolly leaves
- 2/08/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Standard Bank Group Ltd – Resignation of Group SecretaryLoren Wulfsohn
- 2/08/12 (USA OH) Cleveland International Fund (CIF) private equity fund, A. Eddy Zailaunched and led the Cleveland International Fund, an investment outfit that pairs wealthy foreign investors hoping for U.S. residency with job-creating projects. Zai resigned from his job this week, before being indicted in a bank-fraud scheme that, according to investigators, contributed to the collapse of a credit union in Eastlake.
- 2/08/12 (UAE) Emirates NBD makes top-level changes Bank’s deputy chief executive officer Abdul Wahed Al Fahim has resigned.
- 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Institute for Religious Works (IOR aka “Vatican Bank”), 62 year oldMonsignor Emilio Messina, the Archdiocese of Camerino-San Severino Marche investigated on money laundering by Italian officials.
- 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Institute for Religious Works (IOR aka “Vatican Bank”), 49 year oldFather Don Salvatore Palumbo of the socially popular parish of San Gaetano
- 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Institute for Religious Works (IOR aka “Vatican Bank”), 37 year oldFather Horace Bonaccorsi of Catania, already tried and acquitted in Sicily for money laundering offenses recycling money through accounts at IOR
- 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Institute for Religious Works (IOR aka “Vatican Bank”), 85 year oldFather Don Evaldo Biasini of Rome. Father Don Evaldo Biasini is known as the “Don of Cash”.
- 2/09/12 (IRELAND) SPL Investment Funds’s director John Davey discharged
- 2/09/12 (UKRAINE) National Bank of Ukraine deputy governor Volodymyr Krotiuk quits
- 2/09/12 (UK) JP Morgan Chinese Investment Trust PLC, non-executive DirectorMadam Yujiang Zhao resigned
- 2/09/12 (UK) Alliance Trust Savings (ATS), Robert Burgess is stepping down as CEO.
- 2/10/12 (NIGERIA) Peace Capital Market Limited Managing Director Sabinus Iroanya Chukwu resigns
- 2/10/12 (KOREA) Korea Exchange Bank chief Larry Klane steps down
- 2/10/12 (INDIA) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank CEO A K Jagannathan resigns
- 2/13/12 (KUWAIT) Kuwait Central Bank CEO Sheikh Salem Abdulaziz Al Sabbah resigns
- 2/13/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs confirmed on Monday that George N. Mattson, one of the firm’s top deal makers in the industrial sector, will retire. He was a senior relationship banker with a client list that included General Motors, General Electric and Caterpillar.
- 2/13/12 (HONDURAS) Honduras finance minister William Chong Wong, resigned on Monday after the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said the country did not reach its deficit and monetary targets for 2011.
- 2/13/12 (US PA) AmerisourceBergen CFO Michael DiCandilo Abruptly Leaves.
- 2/13/12 (US NH) New Hampshire Thrift CEO Stephen Ensign retires
- 2/13/12 (US NC)SVP and regional executive for Bank of North CarolinaWilliam H. ‘Bill’ McMurray IIIretires
- 2/14/12 (NICARAQUA) Nicaraqua Central Bank President Antenor Rosales resigns
- 2/14/12 (UK) Social finance pioneer Malcolm Hayday quits Charity Bank
- 2/14/12 (PAKISTAN) National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) chairman Syed Ali Razaresigned
- 2/14/12 (USA NY) Goldman Sachs Jeffrey Moslow resigns, an investment banker to companies such as Tyco International Ltd, Nstar, the Boston-based utility, and defense contractor Dyncorp International Inc.
- 2/14/12 (US MI) Fentura Financial Inc.’s Douglas Kelley resigns as CFO
- 2/14/12 (US NC) North Carolina Bank Commissioner Joseph A. Smith, Jr.Resigns
- 2/15/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) HPA – Hospitality Property Fund Limited, chairman Frank Berkeley resigned.
- 2/15/12 (USA) Boston Properties (REIT), Executive VP and COO E. Mitchell Norvilleto resigned
- 2/15/12 (WORLD) World Bank CEO Zoellick resigns
Did the White House tell the World Bank president that he’s out?
- 2/15/12 (CHINA) Morgan non-executive chairman Stanley Stephen Roach will be retiring.
- 2/15/12 (SLOVENIA) Nova Kreditna Banka Maribor CEO Andrej Plos resigns
- 2/15/12 (SLOVENIA) Nova Ljubljanska Banka d.d. CEO Bozo Jasovic resigns
- 2/16/12(CHINA) Goldman Sachs Vice Chairman in Asia Pacific excluding Japan Mark Machin steps down
- 2/16/12 (USA IL) Deerfield Capital Management LLC, CEO Daniel Hattori and CEO of CIFC Corp resigned.
- 2/16/12 (USA IL) Deerfield Capital Management LLC, COO Luke Knecht and CEO of CIFC Corp, resigned both positions.
- 2/16/12 (UK) The Financial Services Authority Margaret Cole is to step down
- 2/16/12 (GHANA) Databank Group Executive Chair Ken Ofori-Atta steps down
- 2/16/12 (SAUDI ARABIA) Saudi Hollandi Banks Managing Director Geoffrey Calvert Quits
- 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) ANZ Bank Australia CFO Peter Marriott resigns
- 2/16/12 (UK) Royal Bank of Scotland Sr Equities Trader Jason Edinburgh Arrested
- 2/16/12 (UK) Royal Bank of Scotland director equities bus. Vincent Walsh director Arrested
- 2/16/12 (UK) Marex Spectron senior trader Michael Elsom Arrested
- 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Royal Bank of Scotland Austraila CEO Stephen Williams resigns
- 2/16/12 (Bermuda) Global Specialised Opportunities 1 Limited Fund’s Oliver Betz-Fletcher resigns from the Board of Directors
- 2/17/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Coronation Fund Managers CEO Hugo Nelson is stepping down at age of 40.
- 2/17/12 (PAKISTAN) PICIC Asset Management Company Limited CFO Ahmed Razaresigns
- 2/17/12 (USA NY) Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein out as by summer
- 2/17/12 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Council President Hansueli Raggenbass resigns
- 2/17/12 (UK) Insight Investment, asset manager Mike Pinggera has resigned..
- 2/17/12 (USA NY) Harbinger Group Inc. CFO Francis T. McCarron has advised the Company of his resignation effective April 30
- 2/17/12 (BULGARIA) Bulgaria National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF), The managing director Neli Nesheva, resigned after a two-day row about end-of-year bonuses paid by NHIF to its employees.
- 2/17/12 (US OH) Chairman and CEO Doyle Lee of First Financial Bank retires
- 2/18/12 (PAKISTAN) The Bank of Azad Jammu and Kashmir executive Zulfiqar Abbasi resigns
- 2/18/12 (Norway) Terra to Close Equity Trading Desk’s CEO Stein Ole Larsen resigns After FSA Report
- 2/19/12 (MALTA) Bank of Valletta, director of the Multi-Manager Fund John C. Ripard, has resigned being reprimanded by the MFSA for disposing of his holdings in the Fund whilst in possession of sensitive information which was not available to the public.
- 2/20/12 (IRELAND) SPL Investment Funds’s director Mike Kirby resigns
- 2/20/12 (RUSSIA) Head of Russian Bank Regulator Gennady Melikyan Steps Down
- 2/20/12 (SWITZERLAND) Credit Suisse Chief Joseph Tan resigns
- 2/20/12 (ISRAEL) Bank Leumi le-Israel Ltd: Zvi Itskovitch resigns
- 2/20/12 (USA WA) First Financial Northwest Director Spencer Schneider Quits
- 2/21/12 (ARGENTINA) Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA) Gen Mgr Benigno Velez, resigns
- 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Nitol Insurance Co. Ltd director Abdul Matlub resigns
conflict of interest with director seat on unknown bank
- 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Nitol Insurance Co. Ltd director Selima Ahmad resigns
conflict of interest with director seat on unknown bank
- 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Nitol Insurance Co. Ltd director Abdul Musabbir Ahmad resigns
conflict of interest with director seat on unknown bank
- 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) City General Insurance Co. Ltd director Geasuddin Ahmad resigns
conflict of interest with director seat on unknown bank
- 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Social Islami Bank Limited director Taslima Akter resigns
conflict of interest with director seat on Eastland Insurance Company Limited
- 2/21/12 (JAPAN) CITIBANK JAPAN: Bakhshi is taking over duties from Brian Mccappin, who the bank said in December would resign after the unit was banned for two weeks from trading tied to the London and Tokyo interbank offered rates.
- 2/21/12 (Bangladesh) Social Islami Bank Limited’s Taslima Akter resigned from the board in compliance with the Insurance Act 2010.
- 2/22/12 (US CA) PIMCO, Chairman of the board Vernon Wright resigned from the world’s biggest bond fund.
- 2/22/12 (US CA) PIMCO board member Gregg Silver resigned from the world’s biggest bond fund.
- 2/22/12 (HONG KONG) DZ BANK project finance head Tim Meaney quits
- 2/22/12 (SINGAPORE) Macquarie International Infrastructure Fund’s CEO John Stuart to resign
- 2/22/12 (USA NY) Goldman Sachs Hedge Fund Group Chief Howard Wietschner to Retire
- 2/22/12 (UK) UBS AG’s (UBSN) Doug McCutcheon, head of Healthcare Banking in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific region, has left Switzerland’s biggest bank after 25 years at the firm.
- 2/23/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs Nordic M&A banker Luca Ferrari has decided to retire from the firm, clients included the largest telecommunications operator in Spain the Spanish telecommunications.
- 2/23/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Richard Gush resigns from Standard Bank
- 2/23/12 (SCOTLAND) Royal Bank of Scotland Group director John McFarlane resigns.
- 2/23/12 (Canada) Bank of Montreal investment banking head Bill Butt to retire
- 2/24/12 (GUERNSEY) Spearpoint Limited (SPL) Investment Funds, director Mike Kirby resigns for business reasons.
- 2/24/12 (INDIA) Breaking: ICICI Bank GC Pramod Rao resigns
- 2/24/12 (HONG KONG) Citigroup Pvt Bank Global Real Estate Kwang Meng Quek Resigns
- 2/24/12 (NEW ZEALAND) FSF Executive Director Kirk Hope resigns
- 2/24/12 (USA NY) Evercore Partners Head Eduardo Mestre steps down
- 2/25/12 (AUSTRALIA AND NZ) Goldman Sachs Chairman Stephen Fitzgerald quits
- 2/25/12 (DENMARK) European Investment Bank (EIB), Mr Sigmund Lubanski, of the Kingdom of Denmark tendered his resignation.
- 2/25/2012 (LUXEMBOURG) European Investment Bank, director of the Board Sigmund Lubanski resigns
- 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank Americas chief Seth Waugh steps down
- 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Khaleeji Commercial Bank CEO Ebrahim Ebrahim quits
- 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) – Mumtalakat Holding [Sovereign Wealth Fund] CEO Al Zain resigns
- 2/27/12 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Michel Péretié Steps Down
- 2/27/12 (MALAYSIA) Elaf Bank CEO Dr El Jaroudi resigns
- 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Equiduct chairman Artur Fischer steps down
- 2/27/12 (IRAN) Bank Melli CEO Mahmoud Reza Khaavari Resigns – Flees to Canada!
- 2/27/12 (IRAN) Bank Saderat CEO Mohammad Jahromi resigns
- 2/27/12 (UK) Lloyds Banking Group Glen Moreno steps down
- 2/27/12 (SINGAPORE) Standard Chartered Bank, global head of repo and collateralised financing Tanweer Khan resigned.
- 2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Hang Seng Bank CEO Margaret Leung Ko May-yee quits
- 2/28/12 (CHINA) Bank of China International ECM global head Marshall Nicholson quits
- 2/28/12 (SINGAPORE) DBS security head Jim Pasqurell quits, cites health reasons
- 2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Bank of America’s Asia-Pac. mrkts Brian Canniffe quits
- 2/28/12 (BELGIUM) KBC’s CEO Jan Vanhevel is to retire after a career spanning 41 years.
- 2/28/12 (CANADA) Ontario Securities Commission chairwoman Peggy-Anne Brown quits
- 2/28/12 (AUSTRALIA) Bank manager Colin John Carleton jailed nine years for $3m theft
- 2/28/12 (SRI LANKA) Sri Lanka Com Bank CEO Amitha Gooneratne retires
- 2/28/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) REDEFINE INCOME FUND director Gerald Leissner resigns
- 2/28/12 (ITALY) UNICREDIT: Chairman Dieter Rampl not available for a new mandate
- 2/28/12 (UK) Bank of England Sir David Lees re-appointed Chair of Bank of England and gives notice of resignation at end of 2013
- 2/28/12 (IRELAND) State Street Global Advisors Cash Funds plc Director Keith Walshresigns
- 2/28/12 (US IN) Regional chairman of PNC bank in Indy to retire Steve Stitle
- 2/29/12 (US KY)PNC Bank regional presidentHarry Richart IIIretires
- 2/29/12 (AUSTRALIA) Perpetual portfolio manager Matt Williams steps down
- 2/29/12 (UK) Honister Capital CEO Richard Pearson steps down
- 2/29/12 (GUYANA) National Investment and Commercial Investments Ltd. (NICIL), Executive Director Winston Brassington resigns, “We feel that (Winston) Brassington knows everything…A to Z about all the transactions,” said Chairman of the Alliance for Change (AFC), Khemraj Ramjattan, as he sounded a warning that controversial figure could be subpoenaed to appear before the Parliamentary Economic Sector Committee.
- 2/29/12 (US AR) Human resources and operations manage Wanda Tormey to retire from Decatur State Bank
- 2/29/12 (London) Bank of Tokyo’s EMEA Loan Syndicate Head Francesco Carobbi Said to Quit
- 3/01/12 (MALAYSIA) RHB Bank Bhd deputy managing director Renzo Viegas quits
- 3/01/12 (ITALY) Italian Banking Association Chairman Giuseppe Mussari talks to reporters in Rome after he and seven other executives offered to resign in protest over new banking-fee rules included in the government’s legislation on boosting competition.
- 3/01/12 (USA FL) Florida Venture Forum [Venture Capital] Exec Dir Robin Lesterquits
- 3/01/12 (USA NY) PineBridge Investments said Win Neuger has resigned as chief executive. Neuger helped build AIG’s third party asset management business, PineBridge still manages AIG assets
- 3/01/12 (SINGAPORE) UBS Singapore – James Tulley is leaving Switzerland’s largest bank, it is not clear where he is going.
- 3/01/12 (USA NH) Piscataqua Savings Bank CEO Jay Gibson retires
- 3/01/12 (ICELAND) Iceland’s Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA) fired its directorGunnar Andersen
- 3/01/12 (USA OR) Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund (OPERF) senior RE officerBrad Child will retire
- 3/02/12 (USA NC) North Carolina Retirement Systems, Chief investment officer Shawn Wischmeier resigned.
- 3/02/12 (CHINA) China Construction Bank Corp, assistant general manager and head of corporate banking Mickey Mehta quits
- 3/02/12 (USA NY) Deutsche Bank Student Loan CEOJohn Hupalo quits to start student loan counseling firm.
- 3/02/12 (UK) Bank of England Sir Mervin King resigns in June, Lord Sassoon tipped as replacement.
- 3/02/12 (BOTSWANA) Barclays Bank Botswana managing director Wilfred Mpaiforced to resign
- 3/02/12 (HONG KONG) New Century Group Hong Kong Ltd [investment house and leisure group] Wilson Ng resigns
- 3/02/12 (USA NY) Citigroup Richard Parsons to step down as chairman
- 3/02/12 (Canada) National Bank Announces the Retirement of Rejean Levesque
- 3/03/12 (AUSTRIA) Volksbank AG (VBAG) The contract of CEO Gerald Wenzel will not be extended
- 3/03/12 (ETHIOPIA) Dashen Bank’s board dismisses president Leulseged Teferi
- 3/03/12 (RUSSIA) Enza Capital KK, Wealthy British banker Philip Townsend (Baron Townsend of Rathmore) and his wife killed at Estonia holiday home ⑆44541444⑈
http://goo.gl/GSOUN and http://goo.gl/x94ID and http://goo.gl/gGgLP
- 3/04/12 (KOREA) Hana Financial Group Inc, prominent figure in the history of South Korean finance Kim Seung-yu , resigns
- 3/04/12 (USA NY) JP Morgan prop trading chief Mike Stewart quits
- 3/05/12 (SAUDI ARABIA) Al Rajhi Bank CEO Abdullah bin Sulaiman Al Rajhi has resigned
- 3/5/12 (UK) Jupiter fund co-manager Tony Nutt steps down
- 3/05/12 (UK) Jupiter fund co-manager John Hamilton steps down
- 3/05/12 (NEW ZEALAND) Insured Group Bill Jeffries has resigned as chairman and director
- 3/05/12 (USA) Reliance Bancshares chairman Patrick Gideon resigned
- 3/05/12 (UK) Charterhouse partner Gordon Bonnyman is stepping down.
- 3/05/12 (UK) HgCapital, partner Lindsay Dibden is leaving after 20 years.
- 3/06/12 (FRANCE) Blackstone Group’s Paris office leader Jean-Michel Steg will step down
- 3/06/12 (JAMAICA) Jamaica Money Market Brokers Limited, Patricia Sutherlandhas resigned as Executive Director
- 3/06/12 (JAMAICA) Jamaica’s Financial Services Commission (FSC), Executive director Rohan Barnett, has resigned the position, the Ministry of Finance, Planning and the Public Service announced this afternoon.
- 3/06/12 USA CT) Wells Fargo & Co. said that Mackey McDonald, one of the last remaining directors from Wachovia is retiring.
- 3/06/12 (USA PA) USA Technologies Inc Bradley M. Tirpak, a nominee of Shareholder Advocates for Value Enhancement,has resigned from its board subsequent to a settlement agreement with the investing group, according to an SEC filing. Provides a network of wireless non-cash transactions, associated financial/network services and energy management. It provides networked credit card and other non-cash systems in the vending, commercial laundry, hospitality and digital imaging industries.
- 3/06/12 (UK) Sterling Green Group has announced that Philip Kanas, a non-executive director, has decided to resign
Sterling Green Group PLC became a cash shell following the disposal of their subsidiaries Taxdebts Ltd, Sterling Green (Mortgages) Ltd and the back books of the clients of Sterling Green Ltd. during December 2011.
- 3/06/12 (UK) Aberdeen Asset Management, non-executive director Gerhard Fusenighas resigned from the board.
- 3/07/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank AG’s (DB) Chief Risk Officer Hugo Baenzigeri to resign
- 3/07/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank AG’s (DB) Chief Operating Officer Hermann-Josef Lamberti to resign
- 3/07/12 (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) Dubai Mercantile Exchange announcedThomas Leaver will step down as CEO
- 3/07/12 (SCOTLAND) Macfarlane Group Chairman Archie Hunter to step down after 8 years of service
- 3/07/12 (USA) BlackRock Emerging Markets Fund co-head Daniel Tubbs, has left the group to pursue other opportunities.
- 3/07/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) Christopher French resigns from board
- 3/07/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) David Wildermuth resigns from board
- 3/07/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) Matthew Westerman resigns from board
- 3/07/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) co-head of global mergers and acquisitions Yoel Zaoui resigns
- 3/07/12 (UK) Goldman Sachs (GSI) Phil Beatty resigned as head of European power and natural-gas trading
- 3/07/12 (SINGAPORE) Nikko Asset Management Timothy McCarthy is retiring as chairman and CEO at the end of the month
- 3/07/12 (HONG KONG) UBS Senior Asia Economist Jonathan Anderson Departs
- 3/07/12 (HAITI) FORMER DIRECTOR HAITI CENTRAL BANK SLAIN! ⑆44541444⑈
- 3/07/12 (FRANCE) Société Générale Private Banking, Daniel Truchi is to step down as head of Société Générale Private Banking
- 3/07/12 (AUSTRALIA) Customers Ltd, Tim Wildash has cashed himself out as chief executive of Australia’s largest ATM operator
- 3/07/12 (USA CA) CALSTRS, Pascal Villiger, senior private equity portfolio manager at the $145 billion California State Teachers’ Retirement System resigns
- 3/07/12 (USA) Astaire quits Bank of America Merrill to dance to Barclays Capital’s tune
- 3/07/12 (US NH) Susan Goodwin to Retire from Meredith Village Savings Bank
- 3/07/12 (US TN) Dwight Grizzell Mountain National president and CEO, retires
- 3/08/12 (UK) Schroders, Chairman Michael Miles depart as fees, inflows drop. UK’s biggest fund management firm.
- 3/08/12 (USA NY) Schroders, CIO Alan Brown is steps down
- 3/08/12 (USA IL) CBOE Executive Patrick Fay Put on Leave Amid SEC Probe
- 3/08/12 (USA NH & RI) Bristol County Savings Bank president E. Dennis Kelly retires after 35 years
- 3/08/12 (GERMANY) Clearstream Banking AG – Katja Rosenkranz To Leave Deutsche Börse Group [stockmarket]
- 3/08/12 (UK) B&CE CEO Brian Griffiths is to retire later this year
- 3/08/12 (UK) Invesco Trimark Ltd, portfolio manager Dana Love has resigned.
- 3/08/12 (ISRAEL) Bank of Israel Governor Stanley Fischer will hand in his shock resignation in the coming days and take up a new position as head of the Bank of Zambia. Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz is believed to be furious with Fischer’s decision. Treasury officials said he even canceled his participation in the office’s annual Purim party in order to convince Fischer to reverse his decision.
- 3/08/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Standard Bank Group Limited (SBK), board member Sir Paul Judge retires.
- 3/08/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Standard Bank Groupl Limited (SBK), board member Sir Sam Jonah retires.
- 3/08/12 (Germany) Managing director and European head of securities lending at Deutsche Bank Ben Sofoluwe has left the company
- 3/09/12 (MONGOLIA) Mongol Bank President Alag Batsukh submitted his resignation letter to Speaker of Parliament D. Demberel at the end of last month. He described his reason for resigning as a lack of support by Parliament.
- 3/09/12 (MONGOLIA) Asia Pacific Securities, General Manager Narantuguldur Saijrakh recently resigned, to focus on his role as Director of Khan Investment Management, investment advisor to the Khan Mongolia Equity Fund – the first open-ended investment vehicle with monthly dealing that invests in Mongolia related equities listed both domestically and internationally.
- 3/09/12 (Côte d’Ivoire) Banque Central des Etats d’Afrique de l’Ouest (BCEAO) The Ivorian governor of the multi-billion dollar West Africa Francophone bank, Philippe-Henry Dacoury-Tabley, resigned his post.
- 3/09/12 (UK) Lazard , co-head of investment banking Alexis de Rosnay quits. De Rosnay specialises in the healthcare sector, he has advised Teva Pharmaceutical and Novartis.
- 3/09/12 (UK) Deutsche Bank PWM, UK head of portfolio management Martyn Surguyresigned.
- 3/09/12 (UK) Deutsche Bank PWM, head of discretionary management, Kypros Charalambous, having also stepped down.
- 3/09/12 (HONG KONG) Bank of America Merrill Lynch, K.J. Kim, responsible for Southeast Asia, resigned
- 3/09/12 (HONG KONG) Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Jimmy Choi, who was in charge of high-yield debt, resigned.
- 3/09/12 (HONG KONG) Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Leonard Ng, a vice-president in Hong Kong resigned.
- 3/09/12 (AUSTRALIA) Bank of Queensland CFO Ram Kangatharan plans to leave the bank.
- 3/09/12 (USA) Cerberus Capital Management LP, CEO Robert Nardelli resigns.
- 3/09/12 (US OH) MORPC leader Chester Jourdan resigns
- 3/09/12 (US OH) Park National Corp.’s chief financial officer John Kozak retires
- 3/10/12 (AUSTRALIA) WESTPAC, Rob Chapman opted to quit running its regional subsidiary St George Bank.
- 3/10/12 (TURKEY) Garanti Bank, The deputy CEO of Turkish lender Tolga Egemen, has decided to quit.
- 3/10/12 (CHINA) Korea Development Bank, Shanghai unit senior manager Stella Wenresigned.
- 3/10/12 (HONG KONG) Deutsche Bank, Johan Sudiman resigns as director.
- 3/12/12 (USA) John Lewis Partnership Pension Trust, head of investments Andrew Chapman, resigns
- 3/12/12 (USA CA) California’s Department of Financial Institutions, commissionerWilliam Haraf resigned. The DFI did not say why he is leaving.
- 3/12/12 (KUWAIT) Gulf Bank, Chairman Ali Rashaid Al Bader quits
- 3/12/12 (UK and IRELAND) Allfunds Bank, head of UK and Ireland Alan Gadd is stepping down from his role at the end of April.
- 3/12/12 (USA) ICAP, CEO of the electronic broking business David Rutter step down following a restructuring of the business.
- 3/12/12 (UK) SVG Capital, chairman Nicholas Ferguson resigns. His departure left him well placed to succeed James Murdoch as chairman of BSkyB should the latter bow to investor pressure and step down. Other investors in the satellite broadcaster suggested Ferguson might be seen as too close to Murdoch to win the support of institutional shareholders.
- 3/12/12 (UK) Park Hill Group – Blackstone Group’s fundraising advisory arm, Managing Partner of private equity and hedge fund distribution Chris Leach resigns
- 3/12/12 (UK) Park Hill Group – Blackstone Group’s fundraising advisory arm, Managing Partner Justin Bower resigns
- 3/12/12 (UK) The chief executive David Rutter of the electronic broking business at interdealer broker Icap stepping down.
- 3/12/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) The Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA), CEO Paul Baloyi resigns.
- 3/12/12 (USA) Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc, CEO Bryan Marsal Resigns Title, Remains on as Adviser
- 3/12/12 (USA IL) CME Group Inc, CEO Craig Donohues will step down at year end.
- 3/13/12 (USA) Eaton Vance Corp, Treasurer and CFO Robert J. Whelan has stepped down.
- 3/12/12 (USA IL) CBOE Holdings Inc. (CBOE), senior compliance executive Patrick Fayhas resigned. The options exchange being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Fay had been placed on leave after the SEC began investigating the options-market operator’s oversight of traders.
- 3/13/12 (USA) Mithras Investment Trust, chairman Mike Wooderson will step down
- 3/13/12 (USA) PHH Mortgage, President Luke Hayden resigned from to pursue what the company calls “other interests.” http://goo.gl/iaqQf
- 3/13/12 (USA) PHH Mortgage, Treasurer Mark Johnson.resigned
- 3/13/12 (AUSTRALIA) WESTPAC, head of corporate affairs after David Bell decided to step down from the role. Bell is the latest top executive to leave the bank.
- 3/13/12 (UK) Capula’s Systemic Trading Head Qiang Dai to Leave Fund
- 3/13/12 (UAE) National Bank of Abu Dhabi, CEO Michael Tomalin, will retire from the post in a few months.
- 3/13/12 (ISRAEL) Osem Investments Ltd, CEO Gazi Kaplan has tendered his resignation, effective April 2, citing heath reasons. Nestlé SA owns 58.8% of Osem.
- 3/13/12 (USA) Paulson & Co.’s, partner and head of the global bank team Robert Lacoursiere has quit to form his own hedge fund
- 3/13/12 (AUSTRALIA) ASX Ltd, Chairman David Gonski will step down from his role at Australia’s main stock market operator after being appointed to oversee almost A$90 billion ($95 billion) in the nation’s sovereign-wealth funds.
- 3/13/12 (UK) JP Morgan, Asset Management European chief Jamie Broderick is to step down more than 20 years at the firm.
- 3/13/12 (UK) SVG Chairman Nicholas Ferguson retires.
- 3/13/12 (UK) SVG Director Edgar Koning retires.
- 3/13/12 (UK) SVG Director Denis Raeburn retires.
- 3/13/12 (UK) SVG Director Francis Finlay retires.
- 3/13/12 (UK) Nomura’s Kieran Higgins co-head of fixed income for Europe, the Middle East and Africa sacked
- 3/13/12 (UK) Nomura Holdings Inc. (8604), Japan’s biggest securities firm, will cut about 30 managers in its fixed income unit based in London, Peter Hornick head of fixed income sales for the Americas sacked
- 3/14/12 (UK) Global head of financial institutions strategic financing and solutions at Royal Bank of Scotland Antonion Polverino leaves
- 3/14/12 (UK) Goldmand Sachs, executive director and head of the firm’s United States equity derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Greg Smith, is resigning today.
- 3/14/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA chairman Garth Griffin to retire
- 3/14/12 (UK) WorldSpreads, CEO Conor Foley resigns
- 3/15/12 (US WA) HomeStreet Bank, EVP and CFO David Hooston resigns
- 3/15/12 (DENMARK) Sparekassen Faaborg board member Steen Grønved Nielsen resigns
- 3/15/12 (UK) RBC Capital Markets head of SSA syndicate desk Noel Williams resigns
- 3/15/12 (UK) Novia London sales manager Dave Chassell quits
- 3/15/12 (US CA) Prosper Finance (online venture captial services) CEO Chris Larsen steps down
- 3/15/12 (UK) The Royal British Legion’s (fund) director of corp. communications Stuart Gendall resigns
- 3/15/12 (IRELAND) President of Sinn Fein USA (fund) Larry Downes steps down
- 3/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Investorfirst CFO and company secretary Ariel Sivikofsky resigns
- 3/16/12 (MALAYSIA) Amanah Raya Bhd (trust) managing director Datuk Ahmad Rodzi Pawanteh steps down
- 3/16/12 (UK) Towry (investment & fin. advice) Non-exec chairman Glyn Jones steps down
- 3/16/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank Chief risk officer (CRO)of Hugo Bänziger steps down
- 3/16/12 (US IL) Henderson Global Investors Inc. head of the International Opportunities Fund Iain Clark steps down
- 3/16/12 (US CA) Executive VP and Chief Compliance Officer of Heritage Bank of Commerce Margaret Incandela resigns
- 3/16/12 (US VA) Genworth Financial board member J. Robert Kerrey resigns to campaign for senate seat
- 3/16/12 (UK) CEO of the FSA (Financial Services Authority) Hector Sants to leave
- 3/19/12 (US IA) ISU Foundation (fund), President and CEO of the Dan Saftig to step down
- 3/19/12 (BRAZIL) HSBC Brazil CEO Conrado Engel steps down
- 3/19/12 (UAE) Finance head at SNR Denton Islamic Sheikh Muddassir Siddiqui resignsto pursue advisory role
- 3/19/12 (SWITZERLAND) Julius Baer bank’s chairman Raymond Baer steps down in a “surprise departure”
- 3/19/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank, asset management chief Kevin Parker to leave executive committee
- 3/19/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank, head of private wealth management Pierre de Weck resigns from executive committee
- 3/19/12 (HONG KONG) China Development Bank HK branch CEO Di Weiping retires
- 3/19/12 (US ID) SunTrust Bank president and CEO Thomas Rueger to retire
- 3/19/12 (SWEDEN) AP6 (private equity) CEO Marianne Dicander Alexandersson steps down
- 3/19/12 (SWITZERLAND) FINMA (Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority) Vice-chair Monica Mächler to step down
- 3/19/2012 (US DE) David Folkwein, interim president and chief executive officer of Delaware County Bank, is leaving the position effective June 22
- 3/19/12 (Greece) Greek finance minister Venizelos resigns to head Socialist party
- 3/19/12 (BRAZIL) HSBC Brazil Chief Executive Conrado Engel Steps Down
- 3/16/12 (Cyprus) Cyprus Finance Minister Kikis Orcel resigns in spite of president’s plea to stay
- 3/20/12 (KUWAIT) National Investments Co. chairman Yousef Al Majid resigns
- 3/20/12 (UK) Bank of America, Co-head of distressed debt at Michael Guy resigns
- 3/20/12 (US PA) Penseco Financial Services Corp, Former state senator Robert J. Mellow resigns from board
- 3/20/12 (US TX) Acquisition chief Dan Magder quits Lone Star Investments
- 3/20/12 (NIGERIA) Chairman of House Committee on Capital Markets Hon. Herman Hembe resigns due to allegations of bribery
- 3/20/12 (Hong Kong) Head of Deutsche Bank Asia-Pac Loh Boon Chye quits
- 3/20/12 (US NY) Deutsche Bank, head of asset management Kevin Parker steps down from executive committee
- 3/20/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank, Chairman and CEO Josef Ackermann exits with pension of €18.7 million
- 3/20/12 (UK) Coller Capital, CEO Charles Hippsley has left to help lead a Christian organisation in London.
- 3/21/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank AG, Co-head Wolfgang Hammes leaves
- 3/21/12 (UK) Aviva Investor’s European equity head John Botham exits
- 3/21/12 (CANADA) National Bank’s Ontaria, Atlantic region manager Mike Miller leaves
- 3/21/12 (UK) Royal Bank of Scotland Group’s global head of equity prime services Gregory Wagner resigns
- 3/21/12 (US DC) Liquidity Services Inc, Chief information officer Eric Dean resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NC) Bank of America Corp.’s salesman Michael Miller resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NC) Bank of America Corp.’s salesman John Livingstone resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NC) Bank of America Corp.’s Michael Case, a director of commercial mortgage security banking, resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NC) Bank of America Corp.’s John Eck, a managing director of asset-based trading, resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NC) Bank of America Corp.’s Seth Jacker, a managing director of mortgage sales, resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NC) Bank of America Corp.’s John McNiff, a managing director who served as co-head of trading in commercial mortgage securities, resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NY) JP Morgan’s adjustable-rate mortgages trader Roy Kim resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NY) JP Morgan’s securitized-products salesman John Angelica resigns
- 3/21/12 (US NY) JP Morgan’s co-head of trading in subprime mortgages Raphael Gonzalez resigns
- 3/21/12 (US TN) Chief financial officer for First Security Group, parent of FSGBank, William L. “Chip” Lusk Jr. Leaves. http://goo.gl/fNEg2
- 3/22/12 (UK) Global equity head Neil Rogan resigns from Henderson Global Investors
- 3/22/12 (NETHERLANDS) CIO at Nedlloyd Pension Fund Bert Tibben step down
- 3/22/12 (UK) Bank of America Corp, chairman of global banking and markets, Andrea Orcel steps down, goes to UBS
- 3/22/12 (UK) Bank of America Corp, Jonathan Moulds steps down, helped build the bank’s over-the-counter derivatives trading business and held positions including global head of rate derivatives trading, head of global derivatives and head of global rates and commodities.
- 3/22/12 (CHINA) China Construction Bank, Zhang Enzhao resigns in the wake of bribery and corruption accusations Bank.
- 3/22/12 (SWITZERLAND) Lombard Odier Investment Managers, Chief Investment officer for equities Aziz Nahas of , the asset management arm of the Swiss private bank resigns.
- 3/23/12 (SWITZERLAND) Credit Suisse, Peter Weibel will be resigning from the Board of Directors of both Credit Suisse Group AG and Credit Suisse AG as of the next Annual General Meeting on April 27, 2012.
- 3/23/12 (JAPAN) The head of Asia-Pacific at UBS Global Asset Management Christof Kutscher steps down
- 3/25/12 (EGYPT) National Bank of Egypt, CEO Tarek Amer said that he will step down from his position at the end of 2012.
- 3/26/12 (HONG KONG) JP Morgan’s most senior banker in Asia-Pacific, Gaby Abdelnour, will quit this summer to pursue personal interests
- 3/27/12 (ITALY) UniCredit SpA, Dieter Rampl to resign as chairman of the Italian bank, saying he would step down on April 19. Rampl will represent the bank on the board of Mediobanca (MB.MI), a smaller Italian bank in which UniCredit has a stake.
- 3/28/12 (RUSSIA) Bank of America sales director, George Kogan, who worked in Moscow leaves firm.
- 3/28/12 (RUSSIA) Bank of America, Dir. of equity sales trading, Ekaterina Myasinawho worked in Moscow leaves firm.
- 3/28/12 (RUSSIA) Bank of America Sales Traders Alexander Orekhov who worked in Moscow left the firm.
- 3/28/12 (ZIMBABWE) CBZ Holdings, CEO Nyasha Makuvise has stepped down after serving for 16 years.
- 3/29/12 (SRI LANKA) Seylan Bank, Eastman Narangoda steps down.
- 3/29/12 (USA CT) Union Savings Bank CEO Jay C. Lent abruptly resigned Thursday, saying his “his heart is no longer into managing the Danbury lender”. Lent, who took a three month leave of absence in October, cited personal reasons for his departure after spending 11 years at the bank.
- 3/30/12 (INDIA) IDBI Bank has announced that Mr Rakesh Singh, a director, has resigned from the bank’s board. This follows his appointment as Chief Secretary of Punjab. Mr Singh, who was additional Secretary in the Department of Financial Services, was a Government nominee in IDBI Bank’s board. He took charge as Chief Secretary of Punjab on March 26.
- 3/30/12 (UK) Bank of America Merrill Lynch, President of European business,Jonathan Moulds, is set to step down to pursue philanthropic activities, after almost two decades at the bank.
- 3/31/12 (HONG KONG) Credit Suisse Hong Kong Private Bank Location Head, James Hong, Steps Down
- 4/02/12 (UK) Royal Bank of Scotland, Simon Taylor, head of equities sales trading at Royal Bank of Scotland, has left the to rejoin JP Morgan after four years.
- 4/02/12 (AUSTRIA) RZB, CEO Walter Rothensteiner resigned two years before the expiration of his term in office.
- 4/02/12 (UK) British Bankers’ Association (BBA), CEO Angela Knight, to step down as CEO in the summer. The BBA is a century-old lobby group that oversees the London interbank offered rate (LIBOR).
- 4/02/12 (UK) J.P. Morgan Cazenove, One of London’s most prominent bankers was fined 450,000 pounds for passing on inside information in a case that will embarrass his employer J.P. Morgan Cazenove and which marks a push by regulators to target high-profile figures. Top “rainmaker” Ian Hannam resigned on Tuesday, to fight the fine imposed by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in relation to 2008 emails that contained information about one of his clients, Heritage Oil. The gruff former special forces soldier, who rose from humble beginnings, is the fifth person to be fined in relation to improper disclosure this year by the regulator, which has previously been accused of being ineffectual in its fight against financial crime. Of the five, Hannam is the most prominent.
- 4/02/12 (NETHERLANDS) Rabobank Group Kees Beuving will step down as Chairman of the current Board of Management of Friesland Bank. He is making way for new members of the Board of Management.
- 4/02/12 (NETHERLANDS) Rabobank Group Anne Vlaskamp has stated that, after 37 years of service at the bank, he sees this as a natural moment to step down and to give the new Board of Management the space to guide the integration.
- 4/02/12 (JAPAN) UBS AG, chief equity strategist Shoji Hirakawa has left the firm
- 4/02/12 (JAPAN) UBS AG, Fumihide Goto, an analyst covering makers of electronic parts has left the firm
- 4/02/12 (JAPAN) UBS AG, Shinsuke Iwasa, who covered media stocks has left the firm.
- 4/02/12 (JAPAN) UBS AG, Aya Fujiki, an insurance company analyst, has also left the company
- 4/03/12 (CHILE AND PERU) Deutsche Bank, Chairman for Chile and Peru, José Miguel Alcalde, has resigned after almost twelve years at the institution by his desire to spend more time with his family.
- 4/03/12 (INDIA) Avigo Capital Partners buyout specialist Girija Tripathy Quits, To Start Own Fund
- 4/03/12 (INDIA) BSE Ltd, Madhu Kannan quits to join Tata Sons. Kannan was instrumental in launching currency derivatives, SME Exchange and derivatives of four global indices trading on the exchange platform.
- 4/03/12 (CYPRUS) Bank of Cyprus PLC, Christakis Christofides has resigned as a director effectove March 31, 2012.
- 4/04/12 (USA NY) Shearman & Sterling senior partner Rohan Weerasinghe has left the US firm to take up a new role at Citi.
Weerasinghe will take up his new position as general counsel and company secretary at the Wall Street investment bank.
- 4/05/12 (USA NY) Brian Sack to Resign from New York Federal Reserve Bank
http://goo.gl/E8RCo see also http://americankabuki.blogspot.com/2012/04/ny-federal-reserve-markets-group-chief.html
- 4/05/12 (UK) HSBC Holdings Plc (HSBA), Europe’s largest bank, said commercial banking chief Sandy Flockhart will step down after 37 years at the company.
- 4/05/12 (EGYPT) Credit Agricole Egypt bank, Mohamed Lotfy Mansour resigned from his post as the CEO of the bank. Family members of two Mubarak-era ministers have left their posts on the board of Credit Agricole Egypt bank, state-run news agency MENA reported Tuesday. The Maghrabi and Mansour families together own 17 percent of the Cairo bank’s total capital of LE1.14 billion. Last year, an Egyptian court sentenced Maghrabi to five years in prison on charges of profiteering and abusing public funds.
- 4/05/12 (EGYPT) Credit Agricole Egypt bank, Yaseen Mansour resigned as a board member. For details see Mohamed Lotf Mansour above.
- 4/05/12 (EGYPT) Credit Agricole Egypt bank, Youssef Mansour resigned as a board member. For details see Mohamed Lotf Mansour above.
- 4/06/12 (UAE – DUBAI) Deutsche Bank: MENA, Henry Azzam, the chairman of its Middle East and North Africa operations and one of the region’s most senior bankers, has stepped down.
- 4/06/12 (UAE – DUBAI) Shuaa Capital CEO Michael Philipp has stepped down
- 4/07/12 (MALTA) Fimbank director directors Gérard Lohier resigns
- 4/07/12 (MALTA) Fimbank director directors Pierre-Olivier Fragnière resigns
- 4/09/12 (USA FL) Florida Bank Chief credit officer Thomas Croom resigned as EVP and chief credit officer of Florida Bank. Croom resigned to pursue other employment opportunities.
- 4/09/12 (USA NY) Pioneer Bank CEO Eileen Bagnoli to retire after 40 years.
- 4/09/12 (UK) HSBC Holdings plc, Sandy Flockhart is retiring as an executive director
- 4/10/12 (USA PA) The Federal Reserve ordered Louis A. DeNaples to step down from his position as chairman of the board of First National Community Bancorp of Dunmore, Pa., following a settlement he reached with prosecutors following perjury charges. DeNaples must also submit a plan for selling his controlling stakes in First National and another bank.
- 4/10/12 (POLAND) Bank Millennium SA, CEO Boguslaw Kott, will leave the bank’s top job by June 2013 after heading the lender since 1989, Millennium said Tuesday. Millennium’s troubled owner, Banco Comercial Portugues S/A (BCP.LB), had put its Polish unit up for sale last year because of a heavy debt load, but dropped the plan after restructuring its balance sheet.
- 4/10/12 (USA NY) Goldman Sachs, co-head of global M&A Yoel Zaoui is stepping down. Zaoui has been with G.S., for 25 years.
- 4/13/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank economist Thomas Mayer to step down.
- 4/13/12 (USA) Bank of America chief information officer Marc Gordon has quit and embarking on a “personal change in direction” says a statement given to Reuters.
- 4/13/12 (USA) Barclays Bank, US wealth unit COO Ian Lowitt to depart
- 4/15/12 (JAPAN) Japan Bank for International Cooperation, Hiroshi Okuda, governor of the Japan Bank for International Cooperation, has stepped down as an adviser to Toyota Motor Corp after becoming the bank’s head as of April 1. Okuda no longer holds a position at the major automaker after the government-owned bank said it was undesirable for Okuda to keep titles at a private company while serving as the bank’s head.
- 4/16/12 (UK) Jefferies, Star UK media rainmaker Jonnie Goodwin, who has advised on 100 transactions in the sector worth an aggregate $15bn in the past decade, has quit Jefferies to launch an “independent merchant bank” called Lepe Partners. Goodwin, who joined the US investment bank after selling his investment banking boutique Longacre Partners to the latter five years ago, said that the new start-up will target media and internet transactions, and has raised an “annual pledge fund” worth almost £25m from erstwhile clients and the investment offices of wealthy families.
- 4/16/12 (US CA) Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Economic Advisory Council member, Kim Roberts Hedgpeth, resigned from has decided to step down as SAG-AFTRA (actors union) Co-National Executive Director on April 30. Hedgpeth also served as a Trustee of the AFTRA Health & Retirement Funds, a member of the boards of the AFM-AFTRA Intellectual Property Rights Distribution Fund, Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies and SoundExchange, a VP of the AFL-CIO’s Department for Professional Employees and a VP of the Associated Actors and Artistes of America.
- 4/17/12 (USA NY) UBS AG, The head of investment banking for the Americas at UBS AG,Aryeh Bourkoff, has resigned “to pursue other opportunities”
- 4/18/12 (AUSTRALIA) Heritage Bank, Brian Carter, head of Australia’s largest building society, is retiring as chairman of Heritage Bank after 30 years of service.
- 4/18/12 (USA NY) UBS AG, Ehren Stenzler, the co- head of U.S. mergers and acquisitions, is leaving the bank
- 4/18/12 (European Union) Luxembourg prime minister Jean-Claude Juncker, reaffirms plan to resign as head of euro zone finance ministers in midyear.
- 4/18/12 (UK) Serious Fraud Office, The Serious Fraud Office has seen the sudden departure of its CEO Phillippa Williamson only days before its director of operations is also due to leave. In an unexpected move, she left the agency this week, and a spokesman said she may not necessarily be replaced.
- 4/19/12 (UK) Royal Bank of Scotland, Ian Alderton, chief information officer at the corporate division of Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), has left the bank this month, Computer Weekly has learned.
- 4/19/12 (UK) DJ Rothschild, The chief executive for Rothschild’s Middle East business,Herve Sawko, has stepped down and has been replaced with the bank’s previous head of M&A in the region, people familiar with the situation told Dow Jones Newswires Thursday. Sawko, a French national, took up the post in Dubai at the end of 2009 following three years at the bank’s New York office working on cross-border transactions. He is returning to Paris where he has spent most of his career with Rothschild.
- 4/19/12 (UK) Instinet Europe CEO Richard Balarkas, an early pioneer of electronic trading, has decided to step down after four years at the helm of the Nomura (NMR) owned agency brokerage.
- 4/19/12 (UK) Aviva Plc, Igal Mayer, CEO of Europe steps down.
- 4/19/12 (UK) Aviva Plc, Richard Hoskins, CEO of North America steps down.
- 4/19/12 (UK) Aviva Plc, Alain Dromer, CEO of Aviva Investors steps down.
- 4/20/12 (UK) Financial Services Authority, Hector Sants, one of Britain’s top financial regulators during the banking crisis of the past five years, has decided to step down as chief executive of the Financial Services Authority, in a move that deals a blow to current arrangements to overhaul the country’s system of financial regulation.
- 4/20/12 (ISRAEL) Morgan Stanley, The head of investment banking for Israel, Central and Eastern Europe and Africa at Morgan Stanley, Ronnie Golan, who prior to joining the bank was an F15 fighter jet pilot in the Israeli air force, is to leave the bank ahead of an expected move to a rival.
- 4/21/12 (ROMANIA) ING, deputy chief executive Albert Roggemans, said he was leaving for personal reasons
- 4/22/12 (INDIA) Dhanlaxmi Bank Senor VP & Head of Marketing, Sheran Mehra steps down, taking a position as Head-Marketing, Mahindra Holidays.
It is not known under what circumstances these individuals have left their positions, I make no judgement on that. I find the timing of so many resignations extremely curious and a temporal marker in history of high significance. No one should assume I make any judgement about the character of these people. I frankly don’t know their reputations except for a few rather famous ones.
This list includes Banks, Investment Houses, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Equity Funds, Savings Retirement Funds and other shadow banking organizations. The line is very blurry between these entities, some are owned by banks some are banks, some invest in banks as well as owning entire industries (common in Hong Kong and Japan).