By JG Vibes
December 21, 2012
Julian Assange just made a major announcement, telling the press that Wikileaks will be posting over one million new leaks in the year of 2013.
On Thursday, Julian Assange said in a speech from the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London that:
“Next year will be equally busy. WikiLeaks has already over one million documents being prepared to be released, documents that affect every country in the world — every country in this world….True democracy is not the White House, true democracy is not cameras, true democracy is the resistance of people armed with the truth against lies…,”
Assange thanked his supporters, adding that:
“Six months ago I entered this building. It has become my home, my office and my refuge. Thanks to the principled stance of the Ecuadorian government and the support of its people, I am safe in this embassy and safe to speak from this embassy.”
Assange said WikiLeaks was under a continuing criminal investigation, but 2012 had been a ‘huge year’ for the organization.
“While my freedom is limited, I am still able to work and communicate, unlike the 232 journalists who are in jail tonight,” he said.
He also spoke of his extradition case, explaining that:
”The matters in Sweden are not serious,” he said. ”However, the US case, the grand jury espionage investigation, is a very serious matter. Getting the US investigation dropped, that is our number-one priority. Otherwise I’ll be watching my back for the next 30 years.”
The Intel Hub will have more information on these leaks as they are released to the public.