As you know we are raising $20,000 in donations this week from NationofChange readers to take the next step in our fight against biotech giant, Monsanto. Your donation will go towards: increasing the reach of our National Monsanto Television Ad Campaign; providing space, resources, and public transportation for the GMO Free Midwest Occupy Monsanto Conference; and providing supplies (printing, media, online ad campaigns) for the direct action on Monsanto’s corporate headquarters across the country.
Why Monsanto? Here are 8 Key Facts to know:
- Monsanto spent 4.2 Million dollars to squash California GMO Labelling 
- Monsanto is responsible for several varieties of “superbugs”. 
- Monsanto’s best-selling herbicide Roundup has spawned over 120 million hectacres of herbicide-resistant superweeds while damaging massive amounts of soil. 
- An Argentinian Study Found that Monsanto’s Roundup Ingredient Causes Birth Defects 
- Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide, glyphosate which is destroying and/or altering the microbial biodiversity of the soil, jeopardizing the fertility of the entire biosphere. 
- Monsanto Researchers found that consumption of GMO corn or soybeans may lead to significant organ disruptions in rats and mice – particularly in the liver and kidneys. 
- Monsanto has been caught running “slave-like” rings, holding off pay and forcing undocumented workers to buy their food only from the Monsanto company store.
- Monsanto effectively owns most US diplomats, and is currently using this political capital to start “Trade Wars” against Nations Opposed to Monsanto’s destructive policies. 
Are you convinced that nothing short of direct action will stop the destruction against human health and the environment for which Monsanto is responsible?
Make a 100% tax-deductible donation now, and help us raise awareness about Monsanto’s crimes. If we stand together we can overcome even vastly funded and powerful opponents.
6319 Dante Ln NW,
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Donna Luca, Board President,
and the NationofChange Team