- Secret New Mexico base is built to withstand a nuclear attack
- It reportedly holds the original texts of Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard
- Scientologists reportedly believe in sinister extraterrestrial emperor Xenu
- But church leaders routinely deny this or any talk of aliens
- BBC reporter John Sweeney investigated site for new book
PUBLISHED: 06:05 EST, 31 December 2012 | UPDATED: 12:04 EST, 31 December 2012
The religion, which believes a sinister extraterrestrial being called Xenu brought billions of people to earth in spaceships similar to DC8 airliners, operates a giant underground base hidden deep within the New Mexico desert.
BBC reporter John Sweeney, who famously clashed with Scientologists during a Panorama report in 2007, travelled to the site dubbed Scientology’s ‘alien space cathedral’, to research a new book.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255215/Revealed–alien-space-cathedral-built-New-Mexico-desert-Tom-Cruise-s-Scientology-church.html#ixzz2GrcWAgiB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook