BlacklistedNews
Zerohedge
TheDuran

PRESIDENT BOLTON PLANS TO SEND 120,000 TROOPS TO MIDDLE EAST

Published: May 14, 2019

SOURCE: KURT NIMMO

President John Bolton has put his signature on a plan to send 120,000 troops to the Middle East in a move all too reminiscent of the invasion of Iraq. The number is close to that during the invasion and destruction of Iraq.

Eric Schmitt@EricSchmittNYT

Trump White House reviews military plans against Iran, including sending up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East, in echoes of Iraq War https://nyti.ms/30k0LIv 

The aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln last week in the Persian Gulf. As a precaution, the Pentagon has moved an aircraft carrier and more naval firepower to the gulf region.

White House Reviews Military Plans Against Iran, in Echoes of Iraq War

The plans call for up to 120,000 American troops but not a land invasion of Iran. They were updated at the request of John R. Bolton, the national security adviser.

nytimes.com

From CNN:

Citing administration officials, the Times said it is unknown whether President Donald Trump has been briefed on the plan, including the number of troops. The Times said the meeting occurred days after the Trump administration cited “specific and credible” intelligence last week that suggested Iranian forces and proxies were targeting US forces in Syria, Iraq and at sea.

President Bolton has his ducks in a row. The CIA and Pentagon have worked feverishly to stir up trouble within Iran’s ethnic minorities since the reign of Bush the Lesser. He signed off—or maybe it was President Cheney—on Operation Olympic Games, a cyber operation aimed at Iran’s centrifuges while at the same time Israel hunted down and assassinated Iran’s nuclear scientists.

It is interesting at least four of the targets were assassinated with magnetic bombs attached to cars. It appears the “sabotage attacks”—or rather unsubstantiated attacks—near Fujairah port, just outside the Strait of Hormuz, consisted of limpet magnetic bombs (the explosions occurred below the waterline).

“No evidence has emerged to show that Iran was involved. The affected countries are yet to assign blame,” reports the BBC.

However, that hasn’t stopped President Bolton and his cabal of neocons from declaring Iran is the culprit—never mind the stupidity of the idea Iran would do such a thing a couple days after the US said they would—and the neocon habit of telling brazen lies to get mass murder campaigns rolling.

It’s possible the headline grabbing maritime attack in fact did not occur.

Global maritime news website have questioned the details surrounding the incident. The influential Lloyds List Maritime Intelligence, for example, criticised the authorities for “scant” information.

Quoting the maritime security company Dryad Global, it said: “Saudi reticence to report the incident accurately within their own media channels and the current failure to provide imagery evidence of the attack raises important questions as to the nature of the attack.”

The FleetMon website said: “What happened exactly, how bad were explosions and fire, if there were any, and what definition ‘act of sabotage’ means, how much true is indeed, the whole story, is so far anyone’s guess.”

Meanwhile, technology and conflict website The Drive said the lack of hard evidence added to the increased risk of regional conflict.

President Bolton will have his (and Bibi’s) war while the megalomanic Trump fights his “deep state” enemies, never mind the deep state operatives within his own administration.

The real antiwar presidential candidates, meanwhile, are ignored by the corporate war propaganda media.

Top British Commander In Rare Public Dispute With US Over Iran Intelligence

An awkward public exchange unfolded between the US military and its closest allied military coalition force during a Pentagon press conference on Tuesday wherein a top British commander in charge of anti-ISIS coalition forces rebuked White House claims on the heightened Iran threat.

“No – there’s been no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq and Syria,” British Army Maj. Gen. Christopher Ghika, a deputy head of the US-led coalition, asserted confidently in a videolink briefing from Baghdad to the Pentagon in response to a CNN question. “We’re aware of that presence, clearly. And we monitor them along with a whole range of others because that’s the environment we’re in. We are monitoring the Shia militia groups. I think you’re referring to carefully and if the threat level seems to go up then we’ll raise our force protection measures accordingly.”

British Army Maj. Gen. Christopher Ghika during the Pentagon briefing Tuesday. screenshot via OIR/US Army

The British commander’s words prompted a rare and swift rebuke from the US side hours later into the evening when US Central Command (CENTCOM) issued its own statement slamming Gen. Ghika’s words as inaccurate, insisting coalition troops in Iraq and Syria were an a “high level of alert” due to the “Iran threat”.

“Recent comments from OIR’s deputy commander run counter to the identified credible threats available to intelligence from US and allies regarding Iranian-backed forces in the region,” the CENTCOM statement said.

“US Central Command, in coordination with OIR, has increased the force posture level for all service members assigned to OIR in Iraq and Syria. As a result, OIR is now at a high level of alert as we continue to closely monitor credible and possibly imminent threats to US forces in Iraq.”

Embedded video

M27@M27Unchained

“No. There’s been no increased threats from … etc”
British general Combined Joint Task Force May 14 Christopher Ghika

The US statement went so far as to imply the British general didn’t have a grasp of troop readiness and the state of alert of the very soldiers under his command.

And further, it’s saying something when you’ve even lost The Guardian, which has over the past years sought to crush any level of dissent or skepticism of the western mainstream narrative on Syria. The Guardian noted:

The remarkable comments heightened concerns that fabricated or exaggerated intelligence may be being used by administration hawks led by the national security adviser, John Bolton, to further the case for war against Iran, in a manner reminiscent of the buildup to the Iraq invasion.

The incredible public clash among allies came as the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group is en route to the Persian Gulf, along with a B-52 bomber group monitoring the air from Qatar, and new Patriot missile batteries

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Samuel Oakford
@samueloakford

This is wild. CENTCOM just put out a press release calling out the UK’s top general in the anti-ISIS Coalition after he stated that there was “no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq and Syria.”

Also overnight the State Department ordered the immediate evacuation of all non-essential personnel from the US embassy in over unspecified Iranian threats.

Washington and Tehran have recently exchanged threats of direct conflict while jostling to assert control over the vital Strait of Hormuz narrow oil shipping passage, which has further left global oil markets on edge and rattled.

The military build-up is claimed to be in response to intelligence the White House says confirms that US troops face imminent threat of attack by Iran and its regional proxy forces in places like Iraq, Syria, and the gulf.

VIDEO: Trump boxed in on Iran, as Putin holds key to prevent war in Persian Gulf

May 15, 2019

The Duran’s Alex Christoforou and Editor-in-Chief Alexander Mercouris discuss the rising tension between the United States and Iran, as the US has deployed an aircraft carrier group near the Iranian shores and sent B-52 bombers on patrol in the Persian Gulf. A recent “Gulf of Tonkin” like sabotage that damaged four oil tankers off the coast of the UAE has been placed at the feet of “Iran or Iran-backed proxies,” courtesy of anonymous “US officials” as quoted by the fake news mainstream media. Despite war rhetoric ramping up to dangerous levels, US President Trump has signaled that he may be looking for a diplomatic off ramp, by announcing that he will meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin at next month’s G20 summit in Osaka, Japan. “I’ll be meeting with him directly, President Xi. Yes, I will be meeting with President Putin also,” Trump stated in the Oval Office. Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping may act as a diplomatic bridge between Trump and Iranian leaders, which could offset John Bolton and Mike Pompeo’s drive for war. ***** ▶️ SUPPORT us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/theduran ▶️ BOOKMARK our site: http://theduran.com ▶️ BUY a T-shirt: http://drnshop.com ▶️ DONATE on Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/theduran/10 🔴 Now on Instagram: theduran_com https://www.instagram.com/theduran_com/ NEVER MISS A NOTIFICATION 🔴 Subscribe on BLANKCHAT… Android: https://bit.ly/2Hlr8rx iPhone: https://apple.co/2CnYz8u LISTEN: 🔴 APPLE iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t… 🔴 SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/user-901836666 WATCH: 🔴 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/theduran 🔴 BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/theduran/ FOLLOW US: 🔴 GAB: https://gab.ai/TheDuran 🔴 MINDS: https://www.minds.com/theduran 🔴 FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/thedurancom 🔴 TWITTER: https://twitter.com/theduran_com ***** #Trump #Putin #G20 #TheDuran