Russian MoD Says West Planning to Film False Flag Gas Attack to Justify US Attack on Syria
The Russian Ministry of Defense says that “rebels” are in place waiting to stage a false flag chemical attack to justify a strike by the US.
In the midst of growing tensions between the United States and Russia, due to increasing sanctions by the US and Russia ditching the US dollar, the Russian Defense Ministry has publicly announced that “foreign specialists” have arrived in Syria and may stage a false flag chemical attack. The attack would then be blamed on Assad and be used as justification for further US strikes in Syria.
Defense Ministry Spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov said the operation is planned to unfold in the village of Kafr Zita in Syria’s northwestern Hama Province, according to the Russian state run media.
Konashenkov said that the “English-speaking specialists” are already in place to use poisonous agents. According to Konashenkov, residents have already been transported to Kafr Zita and are currently being prepared “to take part in the staging of the attack” and be filmed suffering from supposed “‘chemical munitions’ and ‘barrel bombs’ launched by the Syrian government forces.”
Prior to this warning, last week, US National Security Adviser John Bolton stated that “if the Syrian regime uses chemical weapons, we will respond very strongly and they really ought to think about this a long time.”
As Antiwar.com reports:
With US officials issuing statements threatening to attack Syria if chemical weapons are used in the invasion of rebel-held Idlib Province, Russian officials are increasingly concerned that exactly such a pretext for war is to be staged.
Russia’s Defense Ministry reported eight chlorine tanks were recently delivered to Jisr al-Shughur, a town in Idlib, and then later taken to a nearby village to “stage” a chlorine attack. Claims of chlorine attacks are common among rebels, and in the past, reports of a chlorine gas release can quickly grow into wild speculation, without any evidence, of advanced nerve agents being used.
Russia issued a statement Saturday claiming that rebel groups, with the help of British special services, are preparing to stage a “false flag” chemical attack inside Idlib, something that they can blame on the Syrian government so the US has an excuse to attack.
In the past, the US and Britain have required very little evidence with respect to such attacks, launching strikes before any investigation can take place. Eight chlorine tanks would likely be more than enough for such an attack.
Indeed, as TFTP has previously reported, witnesses have come forward and described how they were given free food to participate in the filming of a fake attack last April. After this report, witnesses were flown to the Hague to testify against the White Helmets at the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
In a press conference following the hearing, hospital staff and one of the children who claims to have been given free food to participate in a staged video said there was never an attack.
The video was the only publicly available “evidence” cited by the West which they used to justify launching a coordinated attack on Syria by the UK, France, and the United States.
The video showed journalists on the ground in Syria in recorded interviews with some of the people who were there for the alleged attacks – people who actually appeared in the video that was shared widely by Syrian rebels associated with the White Helmets on April 7th, provoking attacks from the United States Military and its allies.
One of the most compelling interviews was with an 11-year-old boy named Hassan Diab who can be clearly matched with one of the victims in the video. Fortunately, the young boy is safe and in good health, and suffered no chemical attack symptoms, but he is surely traumatized and confused by what he experienced.
Hassan told Russian journalist Evgeny Poddubny that he was walking the streets with his mother in search of food, when one of the people that they encountered insisted that they go to the hospital.
“Somebody was shouting that we had to go to the hospital, so we went there. When I came in, some people grabbed me and started pouring water over my head,” Hassan said.
Imagine being a young hungry child walking into a hospital expecting to find some food, only to be grabbed by strangers and soaked with water along with dozens of other children, all the while being surrounded with lights and cameras.
The boy was eventually found by his father, who said that he saw no evidence of a chemical attack. Yet the US, UK and France unleashed a bombing campaign on Syria anyway.
Hopefully, if another alleged attack takes place, before spending billions turning what’s left of Syria into rubble, the US will do its due diligence to prove an actual crime. However, if history is any indicator, the bombs will likely launch the moment an alleged attack is even reported.